FLATLOCK - ALUMINIUM
- FLATLOCK IS A FRAGILE PROFILE THAT CREATES BEAUTIFUL PILLOWING EFFECTS AND FANTASTIC VISUAL TEXTURES; ALUMINIUM IS A COST-EFFICIENT AND ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY MATERIAL.
Send me specs for this product
In its simplest form, the flatlock profile is a flat sheet with four folded edges. It requires a plywood substrate for support as it has little structural integrity, but its fragile state creates a great pillowing effect and fantastic visual texture. If applied in a sympathetic manner, it is well suited to contemporary architecture and will complement any building. Flatlock can be installed horizontally, vertically and in almost any pattern of configuration. Concealed screws and clips are used to install the profile, creating a slim, decorative design unlike any other profile.
Some of its advantages include:
- Suitable for commercial and residential projects
- Can replace high maintenance timber to create a weatherboard look
- Minimal maintenance compared to other materials
- No visible fixings
- Hairline panel joins
- Ability to splay and/or taper panels
- Simple and fast installation
- Increased design freedom due to the flexibility of panel shapes and sizes
Aluminium is an environmentally friendly metal, it is the third most commonly occurring element in the earth’s crust and can be recycled for generations without limitation. It is a cost-efficient material yet does not compromise on quality. Aluminium is lightweight, durable and versatile with little to no maintenance required and, being pre-painted, offers consistency in colour and appearance. It can withstand aggressive elements and reflects heat making it age-resistant. Aluminium is fast becoming a preferred roof and wall cladding material.
Please contact Design Cladding Systems for detailed installation advice specific to your project.