CORTEN® - STANDING SEAM
- CORTEN® IS A UNIQUE CLADDING MATERIAL THAT CREATES AN INDUSTRIAL AESTHETIC; STANDING SEAM IS A TIMELESS CLADDING PROFILE THAT COMPLEMENTS CONTEMPORARY ARCHITECTURE.
Send me specs for this product
Corten® is a steel made up of a group of steel alloy materials which, when left uncoated and exposed to the natural elements, develops a rusted appearance. It is twice the strength of mild steel and can give buildings an industrial feel that is now very common in modern architecture. Corten®’s strength is visible in the fact that it can be cut and shaped in many ways whilst still maintaining its strength and rigidity.
Standing Seam is a timeless cladding profile; it is a 200-year-old system now being used to complement contemporary architecture. Standing Seam is installed onto plywood for support with a continuous 20mm ventilation airspace behind the plywood and can be installed vertically and horizontally. It is also possible for it to be curved and tapered in both orientations. It is a cost-effective profile with a material selection for every budget.
Suitable for both roof and wall cladding, it creates structured lines and utilises a concealed fixing system. Standing Seam also produces neat corner details with no need for flashings.
Some of its advantages include:
- High-end architectural appearance with no visible fixings
- Minimal maintenance
- Low risk water seepage
- High wind loading capacity
- Allows for expansion and contraction of materials
- A unique cladding material that creates an industrial aesthetic.
Please contact Design Cladding Systems for detailed installation advice specific to your project.