CORTEN® - CASSETTE
- CORTEN® IS A UNIQUE CLADDING MATERIAL THAT CREATES AN INDUSTRIAL AESTHETIC; CASSETTE IS A CLASSIC PROFILE FOR ACHIEVING THE INTERLOCKING LOOK WITH LARGER PANELS.
Send me specs for this product
Corten® is a steel made up of a group of steel alloy materials which, when left uncoated and exposed to the natural elements, develops a rusted appearance. It is twice the strength of mild steel and can give buildings an industrial feel that is now very common in modern architecture. Corten®’s strength is visible in the fact that it can be cut and shaped in many ways whilst still maintaining its strength and rigidity.
The cassette profile is a classic way of installing large sheets of material to large scale, repetitive projects. It is ideal for new projects and refurbishments on commercial projects. The sheets are mechanically fixed with rivets, screws, clips and hooks and installed directly to a gutter/rail support system. Cassette panels come in many colours and materials catering for most budgets and allowing projects to achieve the commercial look without the commercial price.
Some of its advantages include:
- Neat facade with no visible fixings
- Minimal maintenance
- Panel depth/express depth can be customised
- Ability to splay or taper panels
- Concealed fixing with clips and screws
Please contact Design Cladding Systems for detailed installation advice specific to your project.